14 May, 2005

After the Ball is over

A KICKASS concert!!! The show's over and I'm watching folks clear out. I end up standing in line to buy a new CD and to get Marcia's autograph.


The last song she played was "Let Me Play With Your Poodle." Before she sang it, she said that it was This Place, College Station, that she wrote this about. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I believe her son and daughter-in-law live here (she'd mentioned them once or twice in the concert), and it might have had something to do with that. Anyway, while I was waiting in line for her autograph, she took a break from signing to hug and say "goodbye" to a young couple. I figured that that was her son and D-I-L.


So, standing in line, trying to think of something non-trite, non-fanboy, non-starstruck to say to her when it's my turn. Something witty, something different, something that will let her know that (I think) we could be buddies. Something she's never heard before. ... right ...


I end up telling her that she'd brought a new level of cool to this town. I think she liked that...

this is an audio post - click to play

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home