22 January, 2008

Coming back to the written word.

The last blog posts I made were written during my mom's last days. I wrote them primarily for my friends in Texas, from whom I had parted just some months before. They were also for my own benefit - I like to mark events with words so that I can remember what I was thinking and feeling. And especially with an event so momentous as the death of a parent, I wanted always to be able to look back and relive my own thoughts and perceptions.

Well, that was then. I am now motivated again to write but for a subtly different reason. This time it's really just for me. I love words. I love turning a phrase.

I also like tweaking the brains of those around me with my often unique perspective - not to mention the puns and other wordplay that often accompany.

I want to be a better writer, methinks.

And somewhere way off on the horizon I want some folks to be entertained by what I create.

. . . create.

I like to create.

So, now, this blog is not meant to be a record of the goings on of my life. But rather I think I will just use my life as a launching point for my own brand of observation. Maybe I'll get a thrill out of writing something that really puts the gist of my thinking in a way that others will understand. More likely, I'll be happy to have a wee discipline in something that I think is worthwhile.

That is the introduction. I don't know what subject is up next, but rest assured that it will at the very least be something that is interesting to me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read your post about your mom. Thanks so much for sharing this - what a journey you all went through. And good for you to want to write and create for yourself now! Heaps of blessings for what will emerge...

January 26, 2008 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home