26 May, 2005

... or get hit by a Mack truck.

The annual review is over. I got myself into the right frame of mind, and sat down, there, in the boss's office and waited to see what he'd say.


Not that this was much of a milestone, but I do feel like I've hit the home stretch.


I can't remember, now, if I had mentioned this in the audio entry, so I'll type it here, too:


    The very first thing the Boss says to me after I've had a chance to look over the paper review is along the lines of: "Despite the documentation you have provided, we're still scared shitless that you might be offered a high-paying job somewhere else and leave us." To which I answered, "... or get hit by a Mack truck." When The Big Day arrives, I intend to walk into his office, shut the door behind me, and say, "Well, I didn't get hit by a Mack truck, but..." and hand him The Letter.

this is an audio post - click to play

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home