10 June, 2005

6:20

[the voice interface to the blog is still busted]
I'd been wanting to put an entry in here about a Boss Event that happened last week. I've been waiting for the audio blog to get fixed, but it's been long enough, and I want to get this down while I still remember it.

Last week, on a morning where I was running late in getting to work, I got to work one day at about 9:20 a.m - when I was 'supposed' to be there at 9:00. I walked to my office, not having seen the boss, logged into the computer, grabbed my coffee cup, and then walked to the coffee pot. When I returned to the office, there was The Boss, sitting in Joe's chair (Joe was elsewhere), waiting...

"Greeeeeeg, it's 9:20, and you just got here, and I had no phone call."

"Oh, I must have lost track of the time." Riiiight.

"Soooooooo, are you going to stay here until 6:20 tonight?"

This was Thursday - preview night for "The Music Man" - and I had to be at the theatre at 6:20, at the latest. And he knew it.

"No, I'll just make it up next week." nonchalontly.

"Ohh OHkay"

I think there may have been some talk about the show, next. I really don't remember. Of course, what I do remember is the Assholeness Of The Boss. He just has to control something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home