01 June, 2005

Listo. Listing. Listed.

Another milestone... This would have been an audible entry, but I can't get through to the Audio Blog phone number. I'll get to that later.

I met with Janette Hopper, my realtor, again today. This time, to Do The Deed. I felt that I'd gotten the house to enough of a "ready state" that it was time to list it on the real estate market. We met at 12:30 at the house and I signed a bunch of papers; and initialled still more papers. And, after talking about how this was all going to work, a "For Sale" sign was staked into my front yard! It's there right now. I will post a picture of it soon.

Janette described the market, at present, as really. REALLY good. Recently, she listed a house and had a buyer's contract in her hands just a few days later! She is still very optimistic (as am I) about how quickly my house should sell. I chose to list it at $125,000 - Janette agreed that that was a good price, too. The plan now is to have Max (he's been staying at my place the last couple of nights - there's much, MUCH more to that story!) mow the front yard and trim the front tree today. When he's done, Janette will return to take a picture of the house which will accompany its listing. Later, I will make the kitchen look presentable, and she'll return to take some interior pictures. Then, on Tuesday, 7 June, she'll have a party at the house with other realtors to kick-off its listing.

Before returning to work (where I am, at the moment) Max and I celebrated a bit by Taking a Break. That put me in the proper mood for the moment. I looked at the clock and noticed that another Extended Lunch had taken place ... without having notified the Boss. I began to envision the happy and blissful face I would wear when he asks me, "So.... are you going to make up that time today?"

I feel one notch freer now. One notch lighter. One notch closer to my goals. One notch closer to Chicago. One notch closer to saying all of my Good-Byes.

An intoxicating combination of Stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home