22 January, 2005

The Solution

So, I've been trying to get the linoleum glue up off of the concrete floor in the master bathroom. It's proven to be a Royal Pain (tm). I've scraped it. I've scored it. I've heated it. I've melted it (and gagged in the process). I've ground it - and created a dust storm. It's been a huge problem.

Joe Barron suggested using muratic acid. I didn't know about that particular kind of acid, but I felt confident that I could probably find some kind of acid or liquid to eat up the glue.

I went to the hardware store today and found something that held promise. I brought it home and mixed up a little bit of this stuff. Then I poured it onto the stubborn glue and spread it around, evenly. I had to wait at least an hour, now, before I'd know if it worked.

I gave it 90 minutes, then went and checked on it.

I grabbed the scraper - which had stopped being useful with this glue a couple weeks ago - and pushed it into the gluey area.

A curly peel of glue glided up in front of the blade as I pushed it!!! It had worked. I plan to leave the stuff on the floor for at least two hours, to make it easier to work with. As I walked away, one thought just wafted through my mind. I'd probably not have even noticed it given some other circumstance. The thought was,

    "I do believe that I have found The Solution."

I walked a few more steps, paused, then burst out laughing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home